Welcome to my blog! Odd title you say? Yes, maybe, but I bet you would agree with me that life is chaotic! I'm mindful though, in the midst of the chaos, of Colossians 3:17 "Whatever you do, do it all in the name of Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father!" I thank God that my life gets to be chaotic...I know that through the chaos He is transforming me to be more like Him!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy December!

It's December 1st already! I could hardly believe my eyes when I looked at the calendar yesterday. As you can tell, judging from the date on my last post, things have been crazy busy. Too busy for blogging, unfortunately. Because my mom and I own a retail business, we have both been running around like chickens with our heads cut off!

Thoughts from Black Friday: So many joyful people. Rushing around to find the best sales, and asking you if all the things that don't have sale signs on them are on sale! No, if they were...they too would have a SALE sign. (I'm venting, can you tell?) Waiting outside for you to open the door...most popular "can't wait to get in the door item" this year? Silly Bandz! If you haven't heard of them, they are rubber bands in the shape of animals that kids from 2 to 32 are wearing on their wrists as bracelets. They sell in a pack of 24 or individually. They are collected, traded, etc. Craziest thing I've seen in years! Parents waiting outside for us to open so they could be the first to buy up all of our packs of Silly Bandz, and by 11am, they had succeeded! Attitudes, long lines, and people shopping for family and friends just because they "have to." You have to wonder what God thinks about how we prepare for His most special holiday?!

In other news, Bryant and I will be putting up our Christmas Tree and decorations tonight! I'm so excited! We had planned to do it sooner, but we have been working hard coordinating Best Gift, Pinelake's Christmas presentation. It's been crazy but fun. Long hours at the church, fast food, and little sleep. But tonight is a free night, so up goes the decorations! I know Bryant is thrilled. He doesn't get into it as much as I do...as I'm sure is the case for most guys. Sweet as he is though, he will be crawling into the attic tonight to bring down all the boxes! I'll be sure to post pictures when it's all decorated! Have a Happy December 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment