Welcome to my blog! Odd title you say? Yes, maybe, but I bet you would agree with me that life is chaotic! I'm mindful though, in the midst of the chaos, of Colossians 3:17 "Whatever you do, do it all in the name of Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father!" I thank God that my life gets to be chaotic...I know that through the chaos He is transforming me to be more like Him!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

L3 - Who Messed Up?!

I could completely relate to something I read this morning in John 9. It's the story of Jesus healing the man born blind.

As Jesus passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?" Jesus answered, "It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in Him." John 9:1-3

Aaah! Don't you love that! How many times do we think it's something we have done that is causing things to not go the way we want them to in our life? I know, even recently, as things happen or don't happen the way I think they should, I catch myself asking, "God, what's wrong? Am I not doing something right? Is there sin in my life I am overlooking and so you aren't favoring me right now?" I've also caught myself pridefully thinking, "I'm trying to live a holy life, do the right things, and & please you God. So why am I being punished for doing the right thing?!" Amazing that my pride gets the best of me and allows me to question God that way. But we all do it. I love that Jesus assured His disciples that no one sinned to make this guy have to go through being born blind. The man had not done anything wrong to bring this on himself, neither had his parents. It was God's plan...why? "So that the works of God might be displayed in Him." God may not choose to glorify Himself through me and in me in the way I think He should. He's definitely not right now in my life. I have my own ideas about how He could use me to be a light for Him, but He apparently has other plans right now. This verse was so encouraging today. God reminded me, it's nothing you're doing and nothing you did. It's so that the works of God might be displayed through you! That's ultimately all my heart desires, and so I can rest and stop trying to figure things out on my own. I can stop questioning God. I can just believe that He is working things out to best display the works of God through me and I can just keep following His voice! I hope this encourages you today like it did me! Stop questioning, keep your faith. (FAITH - Fully Anticipating It Totally Happening!)

No comments:

Post a Comment