Welcome to my blog! Odd title you say? Yes, maybe, but I bet you would agree with me that life is chaotic! I'm mindful though, in the midst of the chaos, of Colossians 3:17 "Whatever you do, do it all in the name of Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father!" I thank God that my life gets to be chaotic...I know that through the chaos He is transforming me to be more like Him!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

The. Fourth.

red. white. blue.
stars. stripes.
food.
family.
fireworks.
freedom.
the fourth.

Growing up, the fourth was always a celebration. Since my dad's birthday is only two days after, we would always celebrate his birthday on the fourth of July. This meant cooking out at the reservoir or at the lake, feeding the ducks, eating watermelon, & shooting or watching fireworks! I didn't always understand what we celebrated on that day, but I always looked forward to it! These times were always so precious! I don't know that I have always appreciated these times as I should have though. The older I get, the more I learn to be thankful for the little things in life like the food, family, & fireworks on the fourth...and the bigger things in life like freedom.

The freedom I have is so taken for granted. The blessings I enjoy are enjoyed as though I deserve them sometimes without a moments thought of the people who gave their lives so I could experience it. The grace of God in my life is so evident, yet I complain about the smallest things. The Savior of the world gave His life for me so that I could experience grace. But He didn't stop there. He sent men & women before me to give and risk their lives so that I could worship Him freely in this country. Freedom. So Thankful.

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. Habakkuk 3:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment