Welcome to my blog! Odd title you say? Yes, maybe, but I bet you would agree with me that life is chaotic! I'm mindful though, in the midst of the chaos, of Colossians 3:17 "Whatever you do, do it all in the name of Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father!" I thank God that my life gets to be chaotic...I know that through the chaos He is transforming me to be more like Him!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Morning Commentary

Welcome to the first edition of my Monday morning commentary. The weekend was full of adventures: from dog sitting to sushi to going tubing on the Rez on a very tiny tube!

We survived our final day of dog sitting yesterday. My family headed to the beach last week, and asked us to dogsit for them. Like I'm gonna say no? Here's the thing though. I don't really do the whole animal in the house thing...but I must admit, it was kind of fun. Hartley (the chihuahua) is a mess! He's basically like a cat because all he likes to do is lay in your lap or on the back of the couch and give himself baths. He's a little high maintenance for someone who isn't used to a four-legged friend in the house. We survived however, and managed to take some cute pics!





Friday was clean-up day at the May household. It wasn't too much fun, and I think it may have made my husband sick! The reason I say that is because after the clean up was finished, he suggested that we go out for sushi! Now, this may not seem to strange to most of you out there, but my husband eats American food. Period. Every now and then I can convince him to eat some Mexican, but for the most part it's American food. So, the fact that he mentioned going to eat sushi was incredibly strange! But we headed to Nagoya in Madison for some sushi that our friends, the Hendricks, introduced us to a few weeks ago. Which brings me to Friday night dessert...Gigi's cupcakes!

If you've never been to Gigi's Cupcakes you should check out this link and visit one soon! You can see what it's all about here: http://www.gigiscupcakesusa.com/
We just got one here in Flowood, and it is a hoppin place! I met the owner of our Gigi's Cupcakes the other day (whose name is NOT Gigi, I might add...I was kinda disappointed about that...) who told me that they sell between 800-1200 cupcakes per day! She also told me that out of 20 stores nationwide, and having only been open for 2 months, her store is ranking #2! Leave it to us Mississippians to boost your cupcake business!

Saturday was a fun afternoon on the Rez with my small group. We headed out on the boat for some tubing, swimming, and boat riding and had a blast! I'm pretty sure I have the best small group girls ever! They even convinced me to try out the tube, which I might add was incredibly tiny! (Or was it the cupcake from the night before?) Anyway, here are some pics!





While on the boat, we took a ride by some islands where some goats have been placed in order to eat up the vegetation. We searched for the goats and we found them! What can I say...it's Mississippi!



Sunday was a great day! I heard two great messages that are worth checking out! One is from our church in Brandon, Pinelake Church. The other is from Newspring Church in Anderson, South Carolina. (We like to call Newspring our church away from church, although we have never been!) Here are the links! The message from Pinelake is up now, the message from Newspring won't be up until Tuesday. Enjoy!

Pinelake Church
Newspring

So that brings me to Monday. Bryant and I are going out of town this weekend (I will tell you more about that later) which means a lot to do in a lesser amount of time this week! We have a lot going on at Monkey Charms and there's a lot to be done before we leave town. I think that means my blogging time for today is over...back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment