Welcome to my blog! Odd title you say? Yes, maybe, but I bet you would agree with me that life is chaotic! I'm mindful though, in the midst of the chaos, of Colossians 3:17 "Whatever you do, do it all in the name of Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father!" I thank God that my life gets to be chaotic...I know that through the chaos He is transforming me to be more like Him!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Chaotic Transformation

Let's face it...life is chaotic! I know that God has promised that the things we go through all work together to bring Him glory, but sometimes I wonder does life really need to be this chaotic? I think it's worse for us females...yep, ten times more chaotic because God blessed us with the ability to be so emotional! "Thanks God, for that gift...the one that causes much of the stress in my life! Do you think I could trade that gift in for...oh, I don't know, some more logic?! This would really help me when communicating with my husband!" For whatever reason, we women mix emotions into everything else we've got going on and it can be pretty chaotic! For example, this morning I decided to be a good wife and make my husband some breakfast. His breakfast of choice = muffins. Not too hard, I thought, pour the Betty Crocker muffin mix, add some milk, stir, and wahlah! The only problem...no milk. And so the thoughts begin to surface in my head..."he just asked for muffins, a good wife would have made sure we had milk in the fridge!" Isn't it crazy how the enemy puts these thoughts in our head, and we really believe them at the time! I have about 10 minutes to whip up something that he can eat on the way to work (because that's the way we roll...sleep late because we stayed up too late the night before!). How about bacon and a bagel? We only have a few pieces of bacon left, but this I thought, would be a quick, easy alternative. A chance for me to redeem myself! Somehow at the end of the bacon cooking process, the bacon came out burned and extra crispy. How does this happen to me?! How can I make something so simple so difficult! So my sweet husband had a bagel and burned bacon for breakfast...bless him Lord! And so my attention turned toward dinner tonight. We have a full night and we ate out last night because we had a busy night, but we really need to eat at home if we can. So I decide, "I'll make a roast in the crockpot...it can cook all day and be an easy way to eat a late supper tonight! Surely this can make up for the burned bacon!" Everything is going well until I realize...I just used the last of my 2nd main ingredient for the roast! There's no choice, I've already begun the roast-making process and I will have to run to Kroger and get what I need! Again I ask how can I make something so simple so difficult?! So...unshowered and with no makeup, I treck through the pouring rain to Kroger to get what I need, but I need to get back and finish the roast, and quickly get ready to make it to work on time! I get the ingredient I needed, but then remember that I need milk (remember the muffins?!), and walking to get the milk I see the cheese and realize that I will probably need cheese soon enough so I should get some of that too! So I return home sopping wet to quickly make dinner, get ready, and get to work. It isn't until I get to work that I finally breathe and I think..."what is it about Wednesdays?"...life is chaotic but I'm mindful in the midst of the chaos of Colossians 3:17 "Whatever you do, do it all in the name of Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father!" Thank you God that my life gets to be chaotic...I know that through the chaos you are transforming me to be more like You!

No comments:

Post a Comment