Welcome to my blog! Odd title you say? Yes, maybe, but I bet you would agree with me that life is chaotic! I'm mindful though, in the midst of the chaos, of Colossians 3:17 "Whatever you do, do it all in the name of Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father!" I thank God that my life gets to be chaotic...I know that through the chaos He is transforming me to be more like Him!

Friday, October 9, 2009

Going to the Fair!


Aahh! There's nothing quite like going to the fair on a beautiful day in October! Except for today wasn't quite what I would call a beautiful day because of the rain, but it was my day off and I wanted to go to the fair! I had mentioned it to my husband several days leading up to today because he doesn't really enjoy the fair at all, so I wanted to be sure he had plenty of time to prepare himself mentally. For him, I think it's something about the $5 parking, plus $5 to get in the gate, the $7 for 4 small pieces of chicken and 5 fries, the $2 for a small coke, the carnies that shout horrible things at you as you walk by, the crowds, the waiting in line for food, the heat, the rain...I could go on and on. For me, it's a reminder of my childhood. It's the taste of the chicken on a stick, the caramel apple, and the chocolate covered strawberries. It's the smell of the funnel cakes and other fried goodies in the pot. The thrill of the rides even though you have a good idea of the intelligence that assembled the parts and pieces you are trusting your life with. For me, it's a good time!
We decided to go today during lunch so we wouldn't have to pay for parking and we could get in free! Great idea, so we thought. It was SO incredibly hot as we walked through the fair. And the moment I decided to order my chicken-on-a-stick was the exact moment that they ran out and everyone else at the fair decided they wanted a chicken-on-a-stick too! We were so hot we just wanted to go inside somewhere to get some air conditioning! Which led us to the antique car display! We have never been so interested in old cars or air conditioning! We cooled off in enough time to walk outside for the thunderstorm! Thankfully we had an umbrella...but it fought with the wind and lost. We were soaking wet, but I still hadn't gotten my strawberries on a stick! Needless to say, we got those strawberries and ended our day at the fair after only 2 hours. Thus we returned to our car surrounded by mud, and soaking wet. You can imagine how excited my husband was about our trip to the fair this year...I better start working on him now if I want to go again next year! And I certaintly do!

No comments:

Post a Comment