Welcome to my blog! Odd title you say? Yes, maybe, but I bet you would agree with me that life is chaotic! I'm mindful though, in the midst of the chaos, of Colossians 3:17 "Whatever you do, do it all in the name of Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father!" I thank God that my life gets to be chaotic...I know that through the chaos He is transforming me to be more like Him!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

You are my Sunshine!


"For the LORD God is a SUN and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless." Psalm 84:11
Well...we haven't seen the sun for a few days now. It's getting to be depressing. Even when it's not raining, there's still no sun. When you wake up in the morning, it feels like it's 6 o'clock at night! So when I read this verse today, it spoke to me in a whole new way. How great is our God that He is a SUN for us! No matter what our circumstances are around us, we have hope that our God will always be what we need, when we need it! He is our SUN. We can wake up each morning, regardless of what's going on around us and claim His promises. Another thought I had, even though the sun seems to be hiding somewhere deep beyond the clouds...I know it's there. We still have enough light to see. Just like our God. He is always there, even when it's hard to know or see. There are some circumstances in my life right now that are making it very hard for me to remember that God is still with me, that He hasn't gone away. Thank you God for this promise, you are my SUN! Even when we can't see God, He is always shining! He is always taking care of us!
God is also our shield! When we're too weak to fight and defend ourselves, He is a shield around us. He protects us from the enemy! God is for us! At the end of this verse the Psalmist writes"...no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless." God knows what we need and longs to "bestow favor and honor" on us. Sometimes it doesn't feel like it, but we have to look through the eyes of faith. As I taught my small group girls a few weeks back, F.A.I.T.H stands for "Fully Anticipating It Totally Happening!" "Without faith, it is impossible to please God." Hebrews 11:6. I have learned that recently, as I have taken off my FAITH glasses and put on my LOGIC glasses. I have been trying to make things make sense and be better for me, because I had convinced myself that God didn't care about my circumstances. FAITH.
God is for me.....Fully Anticipate It Totally Happening
God loves me.....Fully Anticipate It Totally Happening
God has a plan....Fully Anticipate It Totally Happening
I heard a song on the radio this morning while driving to work. It was by Brandon Heath called "Wait and See." "Still wondering why I’m here, Still wrestling with my fear but oh,He’s up to something and the farther on I go I’ve seen enough to know that I’m, not here for nothing He’s up to something...He's not finished with me yet!"

No comments:

Post a Comment