Welcome to my blog! Odd title you say? Yes, maybe, but I bet you would agree with me that life is chaotic! I'm mindful though, in the midst of the chaos, of Colossians 3:17 "Whatever you do, do it all in the name of Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father!" I thank God that my life gets to be chaotic...I know that through the chaos He is transforming me to be more like Him!

Monday, October 12, 2009

Crockpot Apples

Here's a new recipe a friend of mine gave me last week! There's something about the taste of baked apples on a cool, fall afternoon. This weekend we had a taste of fall weather and it put me in the mood to try out the recipe! Because I work full-time, this recipe worked for me. You mix all ingredients in a bowl and throw it in a crockpot! Once it's done, you can slip into your pjs and uggs, and enjoy!

Crockpot Apples

Ingredients:
8-10 cooking apples (not Red Delicious)
1/2 cup water
1/2 - 1 cup sugar or splenda (I did half of each!)
2 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
Cut and peel the apples and put into a bowl. Add water, sugar, and cinnamon. Toss it around making sure the apples are evenly coated. Throw into the crockpot and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 2-4 hours. (I used 8 apples and they were done in 2 1/2 hours on high).

No comments:

Post a Comment