Welcome to my blog! Odd title you say? Yes, maybe, but I bet you would agree with me that life is chaotic! I'm mindful though, in the midst of the chaos, of Colossians 3:17 "Whatever you do, do it all in the name of Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father!" I thank God that my life gets to be chaotic...I know that through the chaos He is transforming me to be more like Him!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Back to the treadmill...

I'm not a runner. I'm just not. As much as I've dreamed about becoming a runner one day, it's just not gonna happen. No matter how many times I think in my head I can do it, it's just not the case. The truth is, I'm asthmatic! I've thought about how great it would be to be able to conquer my asthma and run a marathon (haha) and be able to say "I did it! It's a miracle!" and then I woke up...the truth is, no matter how hard I try, I can't run for a long time. But I'm back on the treadmill trying again, because the doctor says I need to work on expanding my lungs and pushing them a little harder to hopefully improve them. So it's only been since Monday that I've been back to a regular workout schedule, but I'm feeling good about it. Not in the moment, but definitely after the fact.

1 Corinthians 9:27 "I discipline my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

This verse is also applying to the P28 challenge that our church is doing. It's 28 days of prayer & fasting. God has been teaching me a lot about self-control lately, but it's a really good lesson. I've also been trying to teach my small group girls about fasting and the power that comes with it. But I will admit it's hard! I keep remembering this verse:

1 Corinthians 9:27 "I discipline my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

This verse in context is talking about self-control in all things. Not just in running, exercising, or eating right. It's also God working through us, giving us self-control, to not have to have things the world says you must. We control our bodies, they don't control us. God, give us self-control today so we can experience the freedom that comes in serving you!

No comments:

Post a Comment