Welcome to my blog! Odd title you say? Yes, maybe, but I bet you would agree with me that life is chaotic! I'm mindful though, in the midst of the chaos, of Colossians 3:17 "Whatever you do, do it all in the name of Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father!" I thank God that my life gets to be chaotic...I know that through the chaos He is transforming me to be more like Him!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Wings!

I found this recipe and tried it for our Super Bowl party last night! Event though the Saints won, the food was good!

Slow Baked Chicken Wings
5 lb frozen chicken wings
10 oz. soy sauce (yea, I know...)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons molasses or honey (I used molasses since I'm allergic to honey)
1/8 teaspoon (or to taste) cayenne pepper (optional)
5 cloves garlic, peeled
fresh ginger, 1 inch piece, peeled

In a blender, combine soy sauce, sugar, molasses or honey, cayenne pepper, garlic, and ginger.
In a disposable aluminum 10x12 inch pan, (or a regular pan lined with foil), pour blended mixture over the still frozen chicken wings.

Place on center over rack and bake at 250 degrees for 2-2 1/2 hours, turning and basting every 30-40 minutes. When wings are done they will be tender. Remove from sauce and serve immediately or keep warm in a Crock Pot.




Just be sure you have lots of napkins handy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment